Mobile and tablet technology is changing the way people live their lives. Remember when a phone was just a phone? Now users can play games, video chat, shop, and even accept payments from others.
That is why yesterday Business Services announced an exciting new partnership with Square, which will offer small business members an easy way to accept credit card payments on their iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices.
Square readers are appearing everywhere. You may have had your card swiped through a Square reader the last time you paid for a haircut, latte or cab ride.
Business Services members can now sign up for Square at no cost by applying online, calling their business account representative at 1-877-418-1462, or by visiting their nearest branch.
Some of the key features I think small business members will enjoy include:
- Portability – accept payments anywhere at any time
- Free card reader
- No contract, activation or sign-up fees
- Quick and easy activation by downloading Square app from iTunes App Store or Google Play
- Swiped transactions at 2.75% (on par with competitors)
- Payments taken before 5 p.m. PT are available next business day. After 5 p.m. PT, available by the second business day.
A simple swipe—that’s merchant processing with Navy Federal and Square!
Apple and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc.